1. The cookies (the so-called “cookie files”) are computer data, in particular text files, which are stored on the end device of the Service User and are designed for using the web pages of the Service. The cookies typically contain the name of the website from which they originate, their storage time on the end device and a unique number.
2. The entity which places cookies on the end device of the Service User and accesses them is the operator of the Service: Okna Darek – Fabryka Okien i Drzwi Zakład Produkcyjny 11-040 Dobre Miasto, Knopin 2.
3. Cookies are used for the following purposes:
a) to adapt the content of the Service websites to the preferences of the User and to optimise the use of the websites; in particular, these files allow to recognise the device of the Service User and properly display the website tailored to the User’s individual needs;
b) to compile statistics that help understand how the Service Users benefit from the websites, which allows for improving their structure and content;
c) for sustaining the Service User’s session (after logging in), which ensures that the User does not have to enter their login and password on each section of the Service;
4. The Service uses two basic types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary files which are stored on the User’s end device until they log out, leave the site or close the software (web browser). Persistent cookies are stored on the User’s end device for a period specified in the cookie parameters or until they are removed by the User.
5. The Service uses the following types of cookies:
a) session cookies, enabling the use of services available within the Service, for example, authentication cookies used for services that require authentication within the Service;
b) cookies used to ensure the safety, for example, used to detect fraud in the authentication within the Service;
c) performance cookies, enabling the collection of information about the manner in which the Service is used;
d) functional cookies which enable to “remember” the User settings and personalise User interface, for example, in terms of the selected language or region of the User, font size, website layout, etc.;
6. In many cases, the applications used for browsing websites (i.e. web browsers) usually allow for storing cookies on the User’s end device by default. The Service Users may change the settings related to cookies at any time. These settings can be changed in particular in such a way as to automatically block cookies in the web browser settings or to notify about them every time they are placed on the end device of the Service User. Detailed information about the possibilities and ways of handling cookies is available in the software (web browser) settings, for example:
8. Cookies placed in the end device of the Service User may also be used by partners cooperating with the operator.
9. For more information about cookies, please consult the “Help” section of your browser’s menu.